NVivo for Qualitative Data Analysis - step 1
- Date: –11:30
- Location: Online via Zoom
- Organiser: Uppsala universitetsbibliotek
- Contact person: Hanna Flyckt
Getting acquainted with NVivo and start coding your data.
Welcome to a course in which we will work with NVivo, software for qualitative data analysis. The course is suitable for beginners or those who are familiar with NVivo but need an update on features covered. Participants need to be familiar with qualitative data analysis. During the course we will demonstrate in NVivo for Windows. In NVivo for Mac some functions work differently and some are unfortunately not available.
Step 1 will cover the following topics:
- Brief introduction to NVivo and QDA
- Importing and organizing your data
- Classifying your data using cases and classification sheets
- Creating and managing codes
- Coding your data
This course is open to and free of charge for students and employees at Uppsala University. Participants need to have access to NVivo (either a license or a trial version) before attending the course.
If you are planning to use NVivo in a collaborative research project, you can contact the library to book a tailored session for all researchers working on the project.
If requested, the course will be given in English.