Open lectures from the international workshop "Research Ethics Committees: Origins, Development, and Beyond"
- Date: –12:00
- Location: Engelska parken The Rausing Room, Department of History of Science and Ideas, Building 6
- Lecturer: Adam Hedgecoe, Cardiff University, and Noortje Jacobs, Erasmus Medical Centre Rotterdam
- Organiser: Department of History of Science and Ideas and the research programme "Medicine at the Borders of Life"
- Contact person: Helena Tinnerholm Ljungberg
- Adam Hedgecoe, Cardiff University, UK: "Local autonomy versus centralised ethics: Policy disputes and the development of research ethics review in the UK"
- Noortje Jacobs, Erasmus Medical Centre Rotterdam, Netherlands: "Ethics by Committee. Governing Human Experimentation in a Liberal Democracy, 1945-2000"